Western Canada Dental Society Meeting, Golf and Bonspiel
Rules are intended to make the game both fair and enjoyable for all. Please abide by the following and have fun! Unless stated otherwise the rules governing general play by Curling Canada are to be used.
1) Buzzer Rule: The buzzer will ring approximately one hour and 45 minutes after the start of the draw. Please complete the end being played and one additional end. An end is deemed to have begun as soon as the last rock comes to rest in the previous end.
2) Start on time: A penalty of one point will be assessed for every 15 minutes of delay and the game is shortened by one end for every 15 minutes of delay. The offending team must throw first in the first end. Game is forfeited after 30 minutes.
3) Free Guard Zone: The 5 rock free guard zone rule is in effect.
4) Spares: Spare curlers are permitted and must throw lead rocks.
5) Tie games: Ties will be decided by one extra end. If still tied after one extra end, skip's draws, closest to the button, with sweeping, shall determine the winner.
6) Brooms and sweeping: Hair brushes and corn brooms must not be used for sweeping. Players must use the same brush for sweeping the entire game, unless equipment problems necessitate a change. Skips shall jointly decide when equipment changes are necessary.